Monday, March 21, 2011

Farro and Sulfur is here to stay!

Edited: March 27, 2011

So last week I was preparing to move Farro and Sulfur off Blogger -- on a website I'd have room to stretch out. However, after looking into it a bit more, and waffling about what to do, I have ultimately decided to remain on Blogger, which is easy to use and familiar, for as long as I can. Please feel free, therefore, to subscribe to my blog or follow me on Facebook and Twitter. I'll be posting updates on Sulfur through these means frequently.

Many of my readers have been messaging me, wondering when Sulfur will be coming out, and I thought I'd take a moment to answer this question:

I will be working on Farro -- editing, formating, polishing -- until May 13th (my birthday). This is the deadline I've given myself. My cut-off date. I could waste months, years fussing over Farro, and that's not time I really have. So I'm going to wrap it up, self-publish it, promote it, and start working on Sulfur without really looking back. So what does that mean for Sulfur? That means I won't likely be going anywhere near it until mid-May. At that point I'll be going into 'writing mode' and will do little else. When focused, I'm rather insomniac, obsessive, and Gollum-eque. Knowing this about myself, I hope to have Sulfur done between mid-June, early-July. I'll take some time to edit and polish it and put it out for the kindle anywhere between August and September.

Disclaimer: this is a rough time table. I am known to overestimate such things, I really am a terrifyingly fast writer when I get into it. I don't sleep, I don't even really eat. You know those hand-held Campbell's soup things? Yeah, that's my diet. I'm hoping to also have a larger group of volunteers willing to help with Sulfur's editing by the time it's done. For Farro it's only been me and my husband and neither of us are particularly great editors.

(On that note, if you are a good editor, and you'd like to beta/edit Sulfur this spring/summer, please shoot me an email. I'd be happy to consider including you on the list! The more beta's, the more errors caught!)

Love,
Arreana

No comments:

Post a Comment