Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sulfur's Cover

So today I post Sulfur's cover for all to see an enjoy. Like the first cover, it is the creation of one Ms. Angela Taratuta.


I've had a lot on my plate this week. We're currently in the process of clearing out my husband's childhood house and moving. I've always been somewhat of a neat freak, and I'll tell you, the things I've encountered in this house... Some of this stuff has sat untouched for twenty years. I ask my husband "What is this?" "Where did it come from?" "Why is it here?" and his response is likely to be, "Because it just is." To someone who immediately throws out anything they don't use on a daily basis, this is shocking. Shocking, I say!

I've also been having to brush up on my mathematics, for a placement test I needed to take in order to enroll for fall quarter. I've been out of Uni for a year, and I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be able to go back. (On a side note, I totally rocked the placement test, and I'll be taking the math class I wanted!)

Then there's work, and I don't mean the writing, I mean the work of the 9-5 variety. It's a physical job, as much as I enjoy it, and afterwards I tend to get home, moan, shuffle into bed, and conk out for an hour or two. Conducive to my writing career? Not exactly.

Speaking of 'writing career'. I've found the adjective doesn't adequately apply to my work. Yes, I write. I write a great deal. But I spend almost as much time editing and promoting and answering letters and stressing over deadlines. In view of these added responsibilities, I think it only appropriate that instead of 'writing' I am 'noveling'.

"Oh, Arreana! What are you doing today?"
"Oh, you know, the usual -- noveling."

As long as I don't go writing any memoirs or histories, I should be fine.

So how will all these added pressures (school, work, moving) affect my approximated release of Sulfur? Not much hopefully. Back in May, when I started writing Sulfur, I estimated a September release. This is unfortunately looking to become more of a mid-October release. Life has thrown a couple wrenches into my schedule, but I'm still going strong, and I haven't let myself get knocked too far off course!

For reading a lonely history of a stressed 'novelist', here is Chapter Eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment