Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cover in the Works!

So I've been working extra hours these last couple months. You may have heard about it. What a wonderful thing it's turned out to be. What wonderful timing, I think, for I would love to commission a cover. I had not anticipated being able to afford one. I had been submitting myself to the wretched realization that my cover must be one of my own creation. How dismal were these thoughts! I've put so much time and energy into writing and editing Farro, only to slap a sloppy cover on top!

But this month I was able to afford it, so I've commissioned an artist to help me. I have seen the preliminary sketches and have nearly wet my pants in excitement. It is like someone coming along and plucking free a character I'd thought would always be locked away inside my imagination. I had no idea a great cover could make you feel this way -- maybe no one does at first. I'm intensely gratified. I have never been more motivated to make Farro as perfect as can be. I never thought I'd see Khensa so perfectly portrayed. I'm beyond thrilled, I'm as giddy as a school girl, I'm rambling.

My artist is working on the design now, when it is finished I shall post it here for all to see, as well as reveal the name of that wonderful person who has lent me their talent and enthusiasm!

Please stay tuned! You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment