Saturday, October 27, 2012

Umbra Completed!

So it's taken the better part of half a year, but the first draft of Umbra is finally complete. I'm currently editing it (In fact, I've taken a break from editing to write this update), and I'm polishing out those slight scuffs that I've had to ignore for months now.

This book is written from three interlocking perspectives, and as such I have chosen to edit the novel by character rather than by chapter. By working on only one character at a time, I'm keeping the voice consistent, and it's just simply interesting. After writing it all start to finish with all three protagonists mixed together, it's rewarding to see the story through the eyes of a single protagonist.

But anyways, this was mainly to update you, my readers, of what's been going on over here. (Good things!)

In the (near-ish) future, I will be writing a follow-up episode to go with the Einhjorn, and then I will be taking a tonal break from the dreary horror/fantasy world of Umbra to work on something more 'fun'. Ideally something in a contemporary setting to refresh myself!

I'll keep you posted on progress, and any postings you might hope to see from me in the future!

Love,
Arreana

No comments:

Post a Comment