Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dear Troll Dad,

Today is a day to honor you.

For your imagination, creativity, and persistence I offer you a hearty round of applause. Many dads are known for being steady and firm, others for being kind and nurturing, but you, troll dad, shall forever be known as the trickster and prankster.

As I reflect upon today and celebrate with the rest of America the brilliant awesomeness of father's day, a random memory comes to mind:

I'm lying on the couch. It's Sunday afternoon and I'm watching TV like a lazy lump on a log. You walk in from the kitchen and, seeing nowhere to sit, promptly sit on top of me. I whine and complain and thrash and all you do is laugh and laugh and laugh. Suddenly, when I think it can't get any worse, I feel the rumble of one of your mighty farts reverberating through the throw blanket. I scream, and you cackle.

But in all seriousness, dad, thank you for imparting in me a sense of justice, fairness, and -- of course -- humor. Thanks for crafting that lazy lump taking up your couch into a responsible adult. Dad, I tried finding a picture of you to share with the world (you know, one that would reflect all your badassness) but alas, I failed. I had a really good one too, of you in track shorts and a white t-shirt, complete with a mustache and a 80's hair cut, but I couldn't find it. Then I remembered this, a site dedicated to honoring dads just like you: the definition of cool. (Notice my rhyme?)

Thank you for all your paternal support, and I hope you have a wonderful father's day!

Love,
Arreana

No comments:

Post a Comment